Opening Doors | Maximise your Job Prospects | Brighton MET
Why this course?
Our new Maximise Your Job Prospects course runs for one week. It will provide learners with practical tips, 1:1 coaching and support from a friendly and experienced tutor, and aims to improve self-confidence, motivation and employability skills. You will be given help and advice to showcase your talents and deal with gaps in your CV or a lack of work experience.
You will tackle subjects that would not normally be covered in feedback from employers, such as; Why might you fail to progress to interview stage? How appealing is my CV? How do I perform during an interview?
You will also receive practical tips and advice on job searching, using social media to assist with finding roles and filling out online applications.
- Identify your existing key skills and strengths and those employers are looking for
- Create a CV that stands out
- Interview preparation and techniques, with a practice session and constructive feedback
- How to answer the most common competency-based questions (for example, using the STAR model) to allow you to demonstrate a range of skills
- An assessment centre walk through
- Plus, access to employability resources and websites
Please note the January start for this course will now be taught remotely (online).
This course is free to those who meet the eligibility criteria. Please see the Cost & Finance tab for more information.
If the following criteria apply, you qualify for one our free Opening Doors programmes.
Unemployed and claiming a means tested benefit (see Cost & Finance tab for more information)
Employed and earning less than £17,004.00 per annum
Currently seeking work
Our Opening Doors courses are free to those currently unemployed and in receipt of a means tested benefit.
You will need to provide evidence of your benefit in order to receive a fee waiver for this course.
We accept the following Means Tested benefits for this course:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Council Tax Benefit (not reduction)
- Pension Credit
Please note we cannot accept DLA, Carers Allowance, PIP or Tax Credits.
This course is also free to those who are currently employed and earning less than £17,0004 per annum. You will be required to provide evidence of this in order to receive a fee waiver for this course.
We accept the following evidence:
- Last 3 months payslips
- Tax Credit notice (for self employed)
Please note you will also need to bring photo ID to your enrolment.