Opening Doors | Start your own Business
Why this course?
If you dream of starting your own business or are interested in the process of how ideas and visions become businesses, then this course is for you. No previous knowledge or experience is required. We will help you spot a business opportunity and take you through the steps of how to turn it into a successful business. You will learn about the resources needed, how to target the right customers and the range of finance options available.
We cover a range of topics over the course that culminates in creating your own personal business plan.
Our Start your own business course runs for two weeks, Monday to Thursday.
- We will explore the business idea
- How to set-up and start a business
- Look at types of businesses
- Sales and marketing in an organisation
- Investigate the financial aspects of business such as sales, turnover, profit and tax
- Challenges for business owners
This course is free to those who meet the eligibility criteria. Please see the Cost & Finance tab for more information.
Click here to see fee information.
|CL0365-1C||25 Jan 2021||Central Brighton||Monday-Thursday - 9.30am-4.30pm (Online)||7 days||£0.00|
|CL0622-1C||22 Mar 2021||Central Brighton||Monday-Thursday - 9.30am-4.30pm (Online)||7 days||£0.00||Apply|
|CL0623-1C||10 May 2021||Central Brighton||Monday-Thursday - 9.30am-4.30pm (Online)||7 days||£0.00||Apply|
|CL0624-1C||07 Jun 2021||Central Brighton||Monday-Thursday - 9.30am-4.30pm (Online)||7 days||£0.00||Apply|
|CL0643-1C||05 Jul 2021||Central Brighton||Monday-Thursday - 9.30am-4.30pm (Online)||7 days||£0.00||Apply|
If the following criteria apply, you qualify for one our free Opening Doors programmes.
Unemployed and claiming a means tested benefit (see Cost & Finance tab for more information)
Employed and earning less than £17,004.00 per annum
Currently seeking work
Progression and career opportunities
Since completing the course, students have gone on to plan their own business start-ups. This includes:
- Producing a detailed business plan for an exotic cake business ( with plans to open in Hove)
- An estate agent who wanted a career change. They spent three months working in a restaurant to test the water. Now they have successfully completed the course and are planning on opening a place in Storrington in the near future
Our Opening Doors courses are free to those currently unemployed and in receipt of a means tested benefit.
You will need to provide evidence of your benefit in order to receive a fee waiver for this course.
We accept the following Means Tested benefits for this course:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Council Tax Benefit (not reduction)
- Pension Credit
Please note we cannot accept DLA, Carers Allowance, PIP or Tax Credits.
This course is also free to those who are currently employed and earning less than £17,0004 per annum. You will be required to provide evidence of this in order to receive a fee waiver for this course.
We accept the following evidence:
- Last 3 months payslips
- Tax Credit notice (for self employed)
Please note you will also need to bring photo ID to your enrolment.