Painting and Decorating | NOCN Diploma Level 2 | Brighton MET
Why this course?
This course is ideal for those looking to enter the construction industry, specifically in the painting and decorating area. You will learn a wide range of skills on this course that can lead you to further study or take you into the industry.
Our newly built Construction and Trades Centre provides industry-standard facilities where you will learn the vital skills that employers are looking for. Our expert teaching staff will give you the confidence and knowledge to succeed as a painter and decorator, as well as an understanding of the construction industry.
To start at Level 2 you must have a Level 1 Painting and Decorating qualification or Level 1/Foundation in Construction.
If you do not have these grades, you can start on our Construction Foundation course and then progress to this level. Contact us if you are unsure which Level to apply for.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
Why the MET?
This course takes place at our new purpose-built Construction and Trades Centre at Brighton MET's East Campus.
Our workshop facilities mirror real industry practice, using industry-standard tools.
You will be taught by expert teachers who have years of collective knowledge and experience between them.
You will also benefit from practical project work in the local community.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Our new purpose-built Construction and Trades Centre will give you a unique training facility simulating a realistic environment
- Workshops are equipped with the full range of industry-standard tools and machinery
- Online access to resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Our Multi-trades department is well known in Brighton and the South East. We work closely with local businesses and maintain relationships with a wide range of employers.
You will have the opportunity to undertake a minimum of 30 hours work experience, providing knowledge and experience of the workplace before progressing to employment.
Brighton MET is keen to offer our students work experience placements, particularly with the increasing importance for students to complete placements as part of their study programmes across all industry areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers and students alike to gain something valuable with long term benefits for the business and for students.
Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course you will be able to progress on to a wide range of courses at Brighton MET, including:
- Level 3 Cskills Awards Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Level 1 Cskills Awards Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
Future careers include:
- Renovation (also called remodelling) - the process of improving a broken, damaged or outdated structure
- Building maintenance operative in commercial buildings (small and large office buildings, large industrial properties, shopping centres and retail units) and residential buildings (houses, flats and high-rise apartments)
Cost & Finance
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704