Plumbing | NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating - Level 2
Why this course?
This course is designed for people that have completed a Level 2 Plumbing Diploma such as City & Guilds 6035-02. There will be an environmental unit and two onsite units. Our assessor will visit you and assess the work you are carrying out to assist you to build your portfolio of evidence.
This qualification supports you to attain fundamental and transferable practical plumbing skills with underpinning theoretical knowledge.
Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available to students who are not on an apprenticeship programme, where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, employers will accept this qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
You must be working in industry with a plumber and have completed a L2 Plumbing Diploma.
To study this course you must have a GCSE in English and Maths grade 9-1 (A*-G) or equivalent.
You will be required to attend an interview with the course tutor.
Plumber or heating or ventilating engineer
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine layout of system.
- Measures and cuts required lengths of copper, lead, steel, iron, aluminium or plastic using hand or machine tools.
- Installs fittings such as storage tanks, cookers, baths, toilets, taps and valves, refrigerators, boilers, radiators and fires.
- Tests completed installation for leaks and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Attaches fittings and joins piping by welding, soldering, cementing, fusing, screwing or other methods.
- Repairs burst pipes and mechanical and combustion faults and replaces faulty taps, washers, valves, etc.
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening