Pottery | Introduction to Pottery
Why this course?
This course is designed to be hands-on and fun. You will learn the basic hand-building techniques of working with clay such as pinching, coil and slab building.
You can start as a beginner or with previous experience of working with clay. Either way, you will cover how to create texture in clay and how to apply colour through the use of slips and glazes.
Experience will be gained by making your own pieces, which you are then able to take home. All clay, glazes, slips and kiln firing costs are covered within the course fees.
Note: This course does not involve the use of the pottery wheel.
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0014-1C||07 Oct 2021||Central Brighton||Thursdays 6.30-9pm||10 Weeks||£270.00|
|CM0003-1C||26 Sep 2022||Central Brighton||Mondays 6.30pm - 9pm||10 weeks||£270.00|
|CM0014-1C||06 Oct 2022||Central Brighton||Thursday 6.30pm - 9pm||10 weeks||£270.00|
student Views Pottery Student
Fantastic course. Had a lot of fun learning all the different techniques. Highly recommended.
- Basic hand-building techniques including pinching, coil and slab building
- Creating texture in clay
- How to apply colour
- Using slips and glazes
Why the MET?
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- High-quality learning resource centres providing library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
Please note that there are no applicable discounts for this course.
If you are an international student (you don't hold UK Settlement Status), different fees apply. Please click here to read more and find out how to apply.
All clay, glazes, slips and kiln firing costs are covered within the course fees.