Carpentry & Joinery | City & Guilds Diploma in Site Carpentry | Level 2
Why this course?
This course is designed to develop your practical skills knowledge and understanding of bench joinery, and knowledge of the construction industry in general.
Our workshops are designed to provide you with learning facilities which simulate the workplace.
You will gain experience using a range of woodworking machinery and equipment as part of the workshop programme.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to either find employment or progress onto a Level 3 course.
Please note: this course is full for September 2022 entry. If you would like to register your interest, please email Admissions@gbmc.ac.uk
Relevant experience or a Level 1 qualification is preferable.
- Our purpose-built construction centre will give you a unique training facility simulating a realistic environment.
- Workshops are equipped with the full range of industry-standard tools and machinery.
- Online access to resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment.
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support.
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks.
Cost & Finance
Level 2 entitlement
Course is free if you meet the following criteria
If you will be aged 19-23 when your course begins and you have not already achieved a full Level 2 or above, you may not have to pay any fees. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: email@example.com | 01273 667704
Unemployed / Benefits waiver / Low wage
You may not have to pay any fees if you will be aged 19 or over when you begin this course and:
- You are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- OR you are receiving a means tested benefit, earning less than £345 per month (take home) if you are a sole claimant or £552 a month if you have a joint claim with your partner, and are completing the course to improve your employability
- OR if you are working and earn less than £18,525 per year (gross pay)
You will need to provide evidence and sign a declaration when you enrol.
If the above does not apply to you, you may still be eligible for a subsidised fee. For more information, please speak to our Admissions team: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704
Students will require safety boots and stationery (lever arch folder, A4 pad, pen and pencil).