Sport and Public Services - LASER Level 1 Certificate
Our Pathways courses are ideal for students who have not gained GCSEs. These courses are practical, fun and taught in small supported groups. Our friendly tutors will boost your confidence, develop employability and offer guidance on your future training and career options. Your study programme will also include some supported English and maths sessions and provide a first step towards gaining qualifications.
There are no formal entry requirements other than an interest in sport / public services and a commitment to achieving whilst at college, although ideally, you will be working towards Entry 3 and Level 1.
All applicants will be required to attend an interview.
- Taking part in exercise and fitness
- Taking Part in Sport
- How the Body Works
- Assisting at a sport or active leisure event
- Managing your health at work
- Planning your own fitness programme
- Preparing for work experience
Why the MET?
- Gain a holistic understanding of the Sport and Public sector
- Stepping stone to a level 2 course
- Small group sizes
- Excellent facilities
- Opportunity for work experience
- Additional lessons in employability
Facilities at the MET
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- A fully-equipped gym, free for all students
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value
Following a Pathways course, you can progress to further training at Level 1 or sometimes Level 2, either full-time or as an apprentice.
Future careers in Public Service include:
- Armed forces
- Emergency services