Sports Massage | VTCT Certificate Level 4
Why this course?
This Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy will prepare you to enter the specific sector of sports massage as a sports massage therapist and qualifies you
You will also develop the skills to work safely and effectively on muscle and para-tendon injuries using a variety of soft tissue techniques and will be able to advise on treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
You will increase your understanding of the advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles of sports massage. You will develop the skills to conduct subjective and objective assessments, which will cover active, passive and resisted range of movements, detailed postural analysis, functional testing and special tests.
You will acquire advanced palpation skills and the knowledge needed to work safely and effectively on muscle and para-tendon injuries using a variety of soft tissue techniques and will be able to advise on treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
You must be in possession of one of the following:
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- Or the bridging course for Level 4 Sports Massage
Please also be advised of the following:
- You should ideally be working in industry as you will be required to produce a logbook of at least 100 hours of massage treatment across a range of sports environments. This logbook must comprise a minimum of 12 clients who should be actively involved in a sport or physical activity. You will be required to attend various sports activities, races and marathons for additional practical log hours.
- You will also produce a case study containing at least 6 treatment sessions.
Soft Tissue Release. Mary Sanderson ISBN 19033313X
The Concise Book of Muscles. Chris Jarmey ISBN 978190536115
Sport and Remedial Massage. Mel Cash ISBN 0091809568
- Conductive objective and subjective assessment
- Provide massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
Why the MET?
You will have access to high-quality kits and products in our professional public salon and spa facilities, giving you the real-world experience valued by employers
The Beauty and Holistic team is staffed by highly-experienced tutors that are passionate about their subject areas and have excellent links with employers.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Brighton MET is the location of our central campus. Right in the heart of Brighton’s world-famous North Laine, the College is within walking distance of all the city’s main amenities – the award-winning city library, the independent shops and eateries and the beach.
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Professional standard spas and salons open to the general public, providing a realistic working environment
- Use of high-end, industry branded equipment and products
- Additional training from external companies
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
alumni Views Davide Cappelletto
“I started studying massage therapy with the idea to go back into sport as a holistic therapist and Brighton MET gave me the knowledge and skills which are now the base of my career.”