TESOL (CertTESOL) - Level 5
If you are interested in becoming a TESOL teaching professional, this intensive course in teaching English will give you the skills you need.
This certificate is an internationally recognised qualification that will enable you to teach in the UK or overseas.
It is also accepted by the British Council as an appropriate qualification for teaching staff in their accredited language teaching organisations. This course is accredited at Level 5 within the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Trinity College interviewing procedure consists of:
- A language awareness test
- Self-awareness test
- Short essay on a general topic
- An interview with a tutor
- If you have not completed the Preparatory Course in TESOL, you will need to complete the distance learning pack prior to interview
- Assessment of teaching practice
- Written assignments/ reflective journals
- Project work
- External assessment of Unit 4
- End-of-course language awareness test
- Unit 1 - Teaching Skill
- Unit 2 – Language Awareness and Skills
- Unit 3 – Learner Profile
- Unit 4 – Materials Assignment
- Unit 5 – Unknown Language
Why the MET?
- Well-established course
- High pass results (98-100%)
- Excellent moderation reports
- High progression rates to employment (both locally and abroad)
Facilities at Brighton MET
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Library and computing facilities
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés and coffee bars with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- A travel agency and a hair and beauty salon which are both open to the public and offer exceptional value