TESOL | Trinity College London Certificate | Level 5
This intensive course will give you the skills you need for Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
Trinity College TESOL Certificate is an internationally recognised qualification that will enable you to teach in the UK or overseas, and within the British Council. Fees include the Trinity College moderation fee.
The course is taught over 4 days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- 12 Thursday evenings (6.00pm-9.00pm)
- 8 Saturdays (9.00am-5.00pm) - attendance is required on the first three consecutive Saturdays after the first Thursday of each course, then 5 alternate Saturdays thereafter
- 6 hours of teaching practice - between 3.00pm-5.00pm or 6.00pm-8.00pm (plus feedback) on Mondays and Tuesdays throughout the course
- 4 hours of observations - various time slots available (to be arranged in the first two weeks of the course)
Click here to see fee information.
|CM0217-1C||25 Apr 2019||West Durrington||Various||12 weeks||£1,575.00|
|CM0217-1C||23 Apr 2020||West Durrington||Various||12 weeks||£1,575.00||Apply|
Discounts may be available depending on your circumstances, please see our finance information.
Trinity College interviewing procedure consists of:
- A language awareness test
- Self-awareness test
- A short essay on a general topic
- An interview with a tutor
Candidates who have not completed the Preparatory TESOL course will need to complete the distance learning pack prior to interview.
Applicants should be at least 20 years of age. Unless they have an English or foreign language degree, or have had some EFL/ESOL teaching experience, we strongly recommend that they should do the Preparatory Course in TESOL before joining the TESOL Certificate Course. All candidates must have at least qualifications for entry to higher education (tertiary level) or the equivalent in terms of demonstrated academic and study potential.
The TESOL Certificate is primarily aimed at native speakers who posses a high standard of written and spoken skills. Non-native speakers of English are required to have a high level of competence in written and spoken English and should hold one of the following qualifications:
- University of Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Trinity ESOL Spoken - Grade 10
- IELTS Band 7 (and all sub-scores) and above
- TOEFL - Score 600 (250 with computer based scores)
- Unit 1 - Teaching Skill
- Unit 2 – Language Awareness and Skills
- Unit 3 – Learner Profile
- Unit 4 – Materials Assignment
- Unit 5 – Unknown Language
Why the MET?
- Well-established course
- High pass results (98-100%)
- Excellent moderation reports
- High progression rates to employment (both locally and abroad)
Course fee - £1,575
Fees include Trinity College London moderation fee. However, please note if any of the work is referred at the end-of-course moderation by the Trinity College moderator, candidates will be required to pay the referral cost in line with the awarding body's cost specification. Each Unit of referred work will incur a fee of £44 for Trinity College to mark.
- Assessment of teaching practice
- Written assignments/ reflective journals
- Project work
- External assessment of Unit 4
- End-of-course language awareness test