Theatre Production Design & Realisation - FdA (Foundation Degree)/BA (Hons) Degree
This course focuses on a holistic approach to the design, construction and painting of sets for theatre and related industries. It develops skills in design through research, creative workshops, illustration, technical drawing and CAD based systems. Students can work in metal, wood, scenic art and model making.
- Course includes design, construction and supervision skills
- Cross-course collaboration with actors, directors, make-up artists, costume designers
- Excellent industry links and high-profile work placement opportunities
- Opportunities to work on live and filmed performance
- On-campus theatre with fly tower, scene dock and professional lighting
- Optional third year to gain BA (Hons) degree
Portfolio and interview.
Individual offer conditions will vary. Normally a relevant A Level or Level 3 Extended Diploma.
ndustry experience may be taken into account.
Cross-college entry guide
There are opportunities to work on live and filmed performance, with cross-course collaboration with directors, make-up artists and lighting designers in our fully equipped theatre.
The course is structured to offer an equal quantity of individual projects and production practice on a wide range of internal productions and external commissions.
Work experience underpins the training into the second year of the course with high profile placements in theatre, TV and film.
The course can include illustration, CAD, scenic art and model making.
On successful completion of the two-year FdA course, students can either progress to the third year BA top-up course or enter employment.
- Set designer for film, TV, theatre
- Event designer
- Set constructor
- Scenic artist
- Project manager