Travel and Tourism | BTEC Extended Certificate and Diploma in Travel and Tourism | Level 3
Why this course?
This course will inspire and enthuse you to pursue a career in the sector, whether with a travel agency, tour operator, visitor attraction or airline.
You will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of the skills needed to progress to employment or university.
Supported by our team of industry professionals, you will learn through a mix of group and individual tasks, presentations, trips and visits from employers.
- Strong ties with industry and visits from employers
- Industry experiencing teaching staff
- Work experience and industry placements
At least four GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have these grades, you could start at Level 2 or, if you do not qualify for that, start at the Level 1 introductory course in Business, Travel and Tourism. Get in touch with us if you need help deciding which level is right for you.
- The travel and tourism sector
- European destinations
- Retail travel
- Events, conferences and exhibitions
Why the MET?
You will be taught by staff with many years of experience in the industry including cabin crew, resort reps and airport check-in, with additional guest speakers who share their industry knowledge with students.
The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, First Choice Holidays and Virgin Atlantic.
A programme of trips, excursions and residentials are organised throughout the year.
On successful completion of Year 1, you can achieve the Certificate. This means you can progress to Year 2 to the Diploma course.
If you have successfully completed the Level 3 Diploma, you can apply to university, or you can seek employment
Future careers include:
- Travel agent
- Tour operations and visitor attractions
- Cruise or airline industry
- Travel reps and tour guides
- Tourism management
- Eco-tourism / charity or voluntary industry
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704