Cabin Crew & Aviation Operations | Level 2
Why this course?
An internationally recognised qualification designed for those who would like a career in the exciting cabin crew, aviation and travel and tourism industry. Learn from our industry-experienced staff who will help you to develop a range of desirable transferable skills.
We have excellent links with industry, which means that you’ll take part in enrichment activities such as safety training at Heathrow Airport and attend presentations from leading airlines.
- Work experience opportunities and airline assessment days
- Industry-experienced teachers and guest speakers
- Practical training in an aviation centre on college premises
- Customer service training
student Views Katie DownieAfter doing the Take off into Travel last year this inspired me to do the Cabin Crew course. I feel that the course has prepared me well, especially as I’ve just got a job with Monarch and I start my training next week!
student Views Alex
"The course tutors were always supportive and helpful with course work and any other help that I needed.”
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have these grades, start on Level 1 Get Started course.
- Introduction to airline/aviation operations
- Airline health, safety and security
- Airline emergency procedures
- Crew room duties
Why the MET?
This course provides expert job preparation with airline assessment days and work experience opportunities.
You will be taught by staff with many years of experience in the industry, with additional guest speakers who share their industry knowledge with students. The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, First Choice Holidays, Tui, Swissport, Menzies and Virgin Atlantic.
You will also benefit from overseas educational visits to oversees destinations, along with UK-based educational visits to locations such as Heathrow, Thorpe Park and the British Airways Training Academy. We have aircraft seats, trolleys and equipment that are used regularly for training and some of our role-play assessments take place in a major airline mock cabin at Gatwick Airport.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and aircraft-related equipment
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
On successful completion, you can progress onto a Level 3 course, an apprenticeship or into full-time employment.
After this course you may wish to enter employment in the following industries:
- Cabin crew
- Airport ground operations
- Travel rep or tour guide
- Working on cruise liners
- Customer relations
- Tourism management
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704