Travel & Tourism | City and Guilds Diploma in Air Cabin Crew | Level 2
Why this course?
Do you want to explore the world? Maybe you want to work for an esteemed airline? Or perhaps you want a career where customer service skills are of vital importance.
This course includes practice and visits from airline professionals. The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, Tui, Swissport and Virgin Atlantic.
- Airline assessment days at Heathrow Airport
- Aircraft equipment that simulates the working environment
- Overseas educational visits and trips to airports
- Practical training in our own aircraft cabin
- Work experience and customer service training
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have the above grades, you can start on the combined Level 1 Business,Travel and Tourism course.
- Airline health, safety and security
- Safety and emergency procedures - including first aid and survival skills
- Crew room duties
- Food service and hygiene
- Preparation for employment
Why the MET?
- Expert job preparation with airline assessment days and work experience opportunities.
- Taught by staff with many years of experience in the industry, with additional guest speakers who share their industry knowledge with students.
- The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, First Choice Holidays, Tui, and Virgin Atlantic.
- We have aircraft seats, trolleys and equipment that are used regularly for training and some of our role play assessments take place in a major airline mock cabin at the British Airways training academy.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- Online assessments
- Research tasks
On successful completion, you could progress onto a higher level course or seek employment in the aviation industry.
After this course you may wish to enter employment in the following industries:
- Cabin crew
- Travel rep or tour guide
- Working on cruise liners
- Customer relations
- Tourism management
- Hotelier and hospitality
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 667704