Travel & Tourism | City and Guilds Diploma in Air Cabin Crew | Level 2
Why this course?
This internationally recognised qualification is designed for those who would like a career in the aviation industry as cabin crew or as a passenger service agent.
The course includes practice in our real aircraft cabin and visits from airline professionals. The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, Tui, Swissport and Virgin Atlantic.
We have aircraft equipment that simulates the working environment and some of our assessments take place in a major airline training cabin at Gatwick Airport.
The course involves different learning experiences from serving duty free goods to using life jackets in a wet drill scenario to helping passengers who need specific assistance at the airport.
You will participate in a day at a global airline training centre undertaking safety and emergency training which will provide you with experience for when applying to become a cabin crew member/ground service agent in the future.
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have the above grades, you can start on the combined Level 1 Business, IT, Travel and Tourism course.
- Airline health, safety and security
- Emergency and evaluation procedures
- Crew room duties
- Food service and hygiene
- First aid
Why the MET?
- Expert job preparation with airline assessment days and work experience opportunities.
- Taught by staff with many years of experience in the industry, with additional guest speakers who share their industry knowledge with students.
- The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, First Choice Holidays, Tui, Swissport, Menzies and Virgin Atlantic.
- You will also benefit from overseas educational visits and trips to airports.
- We have aircraft seats, trolleys and equipment that are used regularly for training and some of our role play assessments take place in a major airline mock cabin at Gatwick Airport.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- Online assessments
- Research tasks
On successful completion, you could progress onto a higher level course or seek employment in the aviation industry.
After this course you may wish to enter employment in the following industries:
- Cabin crew
- Travel rep
- Tour guide
- Cruise liners
- Customer relations
- Tourism management
UK and EU students do not have to pay fees if they are under 19 on 31 August in the year they are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.