Travel & Tourism | City and Guilds Diploma in Air Cabin Crew | Level 2
Why this course?
A career as air cabin crew conjures a glamorous life with exciting worldwide travel opportunities, but it also requires a lot of hard work and high levels of responsibility. This internationally recognised qualification is designed to help those who would like a career in the aviation industry as air cabin crew to achieve their ambition.
At GB MET, we have our own aircraft equipment which allows students to learn in a 'real life' environment. Our teachers have many years’ experience with different airlines and we organise regular visits from industry professionals including staff from airlines and travel companies.
This course will help you develop the skills required for the role, not just in customer service, but also the very special skills required to ensure the safety, health and welfare of passengers. The course involves many different learning experiences including:
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- First aid training, safety and emergency training
Also included is work at the British Airways Global Academy where you will learn to deal with emergency situations such as extinguishing a fire.
In addition, we focus on teaching you the skills necessary to be successful at airline selection days and support you to attain a position as air cabin crew – an exciting career full of many opportunities.
Find out more from our amazing students in the video below:
At least three GCSEs grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and maths.
If you do not have the above grades, you can start on the combined Level 1 Business, IT, Travel and Tourism course.
- Airline health, safety and security
- Safety and emergency procedures - including first aid and survival skills
- Crew room duties
- Food service and hygiene
- Preparation for employment
Why the MET?
- Expert job preparation with airline assessment days and work experience opportunities.
- Taught by staff with many years of experience in the industry, with additional guest speakers who share their industry knowledge with students.
- The department has fantastic links with some of the largest travel companies in the world, including British Airways, First Choice Holidays, Tui, and Virgin Atlantic.
- We have aircraft seats, trolleys and equipment that are used regularly for training and some of our role play assessments take place in a major airline mock cabin at the British Airways training academy.
- Access to quality teaching resources, rooms and studios
- Online access to course documents, resources and study support through the MET’s virtual learning environment
- Access to the MET’s student services, including career advice and additional learning support
- Cafés with a wide range of reasonably priced meals, snacks and drinks
- Online assessments
- Research tasks
On successful completion, you could progress onto a higher level course or seek employment in the aviation industry.
After this course you may wish to enter employment in the following industries:
- Cabin crew
- Travel rep
- Tour guide
- Cruise liners
- Customer relations
- Tourism management
You do not have to pay fees if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status, or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.