Photography, Creative Media & Film | Level 2
Why this course?
Whether you are interested in becoming a photographer, filmmaker, digital designer or digital content creator, this could be your first step towards becoming a creative digital producer. With projects across photography, moving image, advertising design and animation, you will discover your strengths and define your future path. Industry-based projects and work experience opportunities are part of each course curriculum, enabling you to further develop the skills to progress to a career in the future-focused digital industries with the energy and confidence to thrive.
- Industry experienced tutors
- Purpose built facilities (including photographic studios, darkroom, Mac suite classrooms; complete with Adobe CC)
- Strong alumni; often returning as visiting speakers to discuss progression options
- Approximately 70% of learners who complete the Extended Diploma go on to degree-level study
Check out our 2020 Showreel showcasing students work:
Start at Level 2 if you have at least four GCSEs at grade 3 (D/E) or above, including English and/or maths.
Start at Level 3 if you have at least four GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and maths.
- Creative media methods and skills
- Production techniques
- Understanding an audience
- Audio and visual production
- Interactive media production
- Principles of Photography
- Social Action
- Moving Image Production
You will have the opportunity to work on real live projects commissioned by internal and external clients and be nominated for the competitive and highly regarded annual UAL Origins Exhibition.
You will work in artists’ studios with access to our 3D workshop, darkroom, printmaking studio, Mac suites and pattern cutting room.
The UK digital sector contributed £149 billion to the economy in 2018 and is worth over £400m a day. - Gov.uk, 2020
Why the MET?
- Photography and video studios
- Professional resources and equipment
- Mac computer suites
- Lecturers from the Creative Industries
- Collaboration with other creative courses
Northbrook MET has a fantastic track record of progression to prestigious universities. The MET's vibrant Creative Industries department has a broad range of staff who are all practising artists and designers involved in the region's buzzing art and design scene. Our staff are here help you realise your potential. Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
Without a doubt, one of the reasons we know you will love studying at Northbrook MET is the renowned creative facilities and atmosphere at our West Durrington Campus. The campus is a dedicated arts space, with the art & design courses running alongside theatre arts and music courses. You will collaborate with like-minded, passionate students and benefit from the various creative projects that take place, such as theatre shows, music gigs and art exhibitions. The campus is regularly used by professional creatives, which further highlights the quality of our industry-standard facilities.
After Level 2 you can progress to the Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Photography, Creative Media & Film and then on to further study or seek employment.
Future careers include:
- Researcher, Curator
- Producer / Director
- Photographer, Photo-journalist
- Film/documentary maker
- Creative designer /director
- Conceptual consultant
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here. Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704