Theatre and performing arts degrees
Why the MET?
Our specialist arts campus at West Durrington near Brighton is a leading centre for theatre education in southern England.
- A professionally equipped theatre on campus
- Two additional studio theatres
- Dance and rehearsal studios
- Props and scenery workshops
- Costume and make-up studios
Courses range from performing arts to technical theatre and theatre design, allowing students from different disciplines to work in partnership, reflecting industry practice.
Courses are career-focused and staff are industry-experienced with ongoing links that lead to work experience opportunities.
Many of our alumni go on to work in high-profile theatres and shows, including the West End.
Acting - BA (Hons) Degree
A dynamic and exciting course combining strong technical training, creative opportunities and industry experience. The course programme involves the study and practice of both traditional and innovative areas of actor training and theatre making.
Dance & Professional Practice - BA (Hons) Degree
An exciting course for dancers who wish to develop their vocational and performance skills and specialist subject knowledge with a view to progressing to appropriate work within the industry or further study.
Make up and Hair for Theatre and Media - BA (Hons) Degree
The course has been devised in response to industry and student-led demand for practical training in make-up and hairdressing techniques for theatre, film, TV, fashion, festival, carnival and entertainment arenas.
Musical Theatre - BA (Hons) Degree
An exciting course combining strong technical training, creative opportunities and industry experience. The course programme involves the study and practice of both traditional and innovative areas of musical performance.
Stage Management and Technical Theatre - BA (Hons) Degree
With pathways in Stage Management, Production Management, Lighting Design and Sound Design, this course offers practical and vocational training in our professionally equipped theatre and studio space.
Costume for Performance & Film - BA (Hons) Degree
This course focuses on costume design and construction for the entertainment industry, leading to opportunities to work across theatre, TV and film. It develops skills in design through character exploration and illustration techniques and includes o...
Production Design for Stage & Screen - BA (Hons) Degree
This course focuses on a holistic approach to the design, construction and painting of sets for theatre and related industries.
Prop Making & Special Effects - BA (Hons) Degree
This course focuses on the design and manufacture of props for theatre, TV, film, display and entertainment industries.
Some of our department facilities
- Amanda: Level 3 Extended Diploma in Musical Theatre | FdA Acting and Contemporary Theatre Making | BA (Hons) Top Up Acting. After successfully completing her Level 3 Diploma in Musical Theatre at the MET, Amanda progressed onto an FdA in Acting and Contemporary Theatre, before completing the top-up year for a BA (Hons) in Acting. Read more here.
- Pindrop Productions: BA (Hons) Theatre Arts. Pindrop Productions are a group of BA Theatre Arts graduates from the MET. They describe themselves as ‘an ever-changing group of theatre-makers, artists and freelancers’. They create, tell stories and run workshops in the local community. Read more here.