Visual Merchandising and Styling | UAL Diploma in Art and Design | Level 2
Why this course?
Do you have a passion for trends, styling and fashion? Would you like to work in the fast-paced retail, social media or styling industry? If so, this one-year Diploma could be for you.
You will learn the fundamental principles, inspiration and techniques involved in visual merchandising for sales and retailing in-store and online. You’ll be taught how to use both practical and creative digital techniques to promote and sell products and brands.
You'll benefit from:
- opportunities to gain valuable work experience with external clients
- dedicated design, fashion and photography studios
- industry relevant trips
- working on live projects and collaborations
- teaching delivered by fashion industry specialists
You'll require at least three GCSEs at grade 3 or above, including a creative subject, English and maths.
If you do not have the above grades start on the Level 1 Diploma in Art & Design.
About this course
You will learn the fundamental principles, inspiration and techniques involved in visual merchandising for interior retailers.
Course content includes:
- Fashion marketing
- Social media
- Styling for photo shoots
- Fashion styling (including sustainability and creative store displays for retailing)
You will also have the opportunity to work on live project briefs and undertake work experience, which will provide invaluable links with local employers.
The Creative Industries department at Brighton MET has an extensive and well-equipped range of practical working environments and brand new art studios at our Central Brighton Campus. This includes:
- 3D printer, laser cutting machine, large scale ink jet printer, Canon EOS DSLR cameras, Mac suites, photographic suite
- Printmaking workshop (screen, lino, metal and dry point etching)
- 3D wood, metal and plastics workshop including a forge, a pattern cutting room and fashion studios
Our vibrant department has a broad range of staff who are all practising artists and designers involved in Brighton’s buzzing art and design scene. Our staff are here help you realise your potential.
Our experienced teaching staff are passionate about their areas of expertise and are committed to helping you to attain your learning goals and meet your personal aims.
After this course
On successful completion of this course you may wish to progress to our Level 3 Visual Merchandising and Styling course at Brighton MET and our Level 4 at Northbrook MET.
Many of our Creative Industries students continue their studies to degree-level, attending top universities including London College of Fashion, University of Westminster, Central Saint Martins and Nottingham Trent University.
We also offer a BA (Hons) Fashion Design degree at our West Durrington Campus.
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.
Please speak to our Admissions team if you have any further queries: email@example.com | 01273 667704
The majority of the equipment and materials are provided by the college to enable you to complete each project. However, you will be required to purchase an art and fashion kit from the college at the start of the course. Some financial support may be available for this.