Worthing FC U19 Education Programme | NCFE Diploma in Sport | Level 3
Why this course?
We are working in partnership with Worthing FC to deliver a full-time football and education course, which gives aspiring young players the opportunity to combine your academic studies with a comprehensive football training schedule. This is a unique programme aimed at those who want to gain experience with a club for a career in the football industry.
On the course you'll:
- Combine practical football training alongside your studies towards a NCFE Extended Diploma in Sport.
- Access state-of-the-art 3G football pitch and facilities at Worthing FC
- Be taught by experienced sport tutors and FA-licensed coaches
At least four GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and maths.
Worthing FC trials
Please note that you need to arrange a trial with Worthing FC before you can start the Education Programme. The next trials will take place in December 2021 (date TBC). Please register your interest here and Worthing FC will get in contact with you.
You will study the following as part of the NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport:
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Preparing for a career in coaching, fitness or sports therapy
- Work experience
- Practical team sports
- Sports coaching / fitness instructing
- Coaching specific populations
- First Aid
- Work experience
You'll be assessed using a variety of methods including both practical and written assignments and external examinations.
You'll gain an insight into the professional football environment, with up to eight hours of practical training each week. This includes:
- An introduction to the Worthing FC philosophy
- Match preparation training
- Opportunity to play weekly fixtures representing Worthing FC in the National League U19 Alliance, as well as playing showcase games throughout the season against professional academy teams
You will also have access to strength and conditioning classes run by existing and guest coaches. All sessions are run by FA qualified and highly experienced Worthing FC coaches.
First class coaching
The football training will be delivered by First Team Manager and A license coach Adam Hinshelwood and highly experienced B license coach Nathan Bowen.
After this course
This course is ideal for students who want to pursue a career in the football industry.
As one of the fastest growing sectors of employment in the UK, the sports industry offers a wide range of career opportunities to suit all individuals. The NCFE Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport is equivalent to three A-Levels and opens the door to many career pathways.
Future careers include:
- Exercise physiologist
- Sports official
- PE teacher
- Fitness instructor
- Personal trainer
- Sports development officer
- Sports and leisure manager
- Sport rehabilitation
This course is free (you do not have to pay fees) if:
- You are a UK citizen, hold EU Settlement Status or have a visa which could qualify you for home status.
- AND you are under 19 on 31 August in the year you are studying.
More information about fees for college courses and financial support for 16-19 year olds can be found here.